While the text today is not the “traditional” text used for Christmas, this section of scripture is a great Christmas passage. The key verse that shows this Christmas orientation is verse 14: “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
This is the meaning of Christmas. God has come into the world, born of a virgin, in the person of Jesus Christ.
The 5 truths about Jesus for our everyday life/walk.
- His name is Jesus Christ – Savior and Messiah – anointed King of all.
- He is God: He was with God and was God.
- He was called the Word: God-in-Communication, God making Himself Known
- He is the Creator: all things were made through him
- He is life and Light: the living power to Spiritually see and the Glory that was revealed.
Verse 14 – “and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”
Christ was born and dwelt among us, that is what we celebrate this Christmas season. However, Christ is coming again!
What is your response to knowing Jesus was born, lived, died, resurrected, and coming again?
Will you reject Him like those from verses 10 and 11?
Will you surrender to Him like those from verses 12 and 13 and become His child?